Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Toast Will Pop Up Tomorrow

Mornings are wonderful. A chance to make things better if the previous day did not work out quite the way you planned or to be surprised (and hopefully) delighted by what the new day may bring. In the morning, I look forward to each new day with my toast and coffee … but this is neither any old toast nor any regular coffee.



My toast is Fabled Foods Walnut Cranberry Seven Grain bread made in Deep River, Conn. Fabled Foods has a wide assortment of breads, but, sadly, no retail. You can, however, call for the nearest outlet at 860-526-2666 and ask for Ina - she is the wonderful woman behind the breads.


And my coffee is made in my Nespresso machine. Over the past three decades, Nestle Nespresso has been a leading pioneer in the global coffee market. Its stylish machines and Grand Cru coffees, available both in exclusive Nespresso boutiques and via the company web at www.nespresso.com, appeal to connoisseurs around the world. We bought this machine five years ago and will never drink any other coffee at home.

Another great part of every new day for me is that my husband David will come to the bedroom door with our Jack Russell, Irene, around 7:30 a.m. (he gets up much earlier than I do) and ask, “Toast and coffee in the living room … or in bed?” So my days are always off to a really special start!

No comments: