Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Come Visit Us and Feel the Music!

Over the past two and a half years of owning the Bee and Thistle Inn I have seen many people come through the front door, but, in those first few months of being at the inn, one of the most special people stepped through that door. It was in March of 2006 and I was still sitting in the middle of construction and we had an April 1st opening looming.

I had been inundated with sales people wanting to sell me anything and everything for the inn, when yet another gentlemen approached me in the office. My immediate reaction was, "What does this one want to sell me?" Instead, I heard these words, "Hello I am Kipp. I would like to play guitar for you on the weekends." Something about the way this person spoke was very special. "OK," I said, "We are having a soft opening and you can play for your dinner."




Well ... hard to believe but Kipp has been at the inn every Saturday since that memorable first night. Plus many more unbelievable weddings, birthdays, and other special events. Anyone who dines with us on a Saturday night leaves with the experience of having been touched by Kipp's music. He comes each week with Mike, Dave or Dan, who are the other amazing artists that play with him. I also have had the honor of singing a few tunes with them. My hat is off to Kipp and company and let me tell you that Kipp has many hats and other attire on a Saturday night! He's like a box of chocolates - you never know what your are going to get ... come visit us and feel the music!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kipp is a wonderful musician and I was lucky enough that he played in my wedding. It probably helped that he is my Uncle, but it is always great to hear him play.

Anonymous said...

Kipp is the best - a true entertainer. Funny, talented, and creative. He played at our wedding reception and did a great job. He even suggested our wedding song, "I Will" by Alison Kraus (and the Beatles). See you soon at the Bee, Kipp!
Charlie and Julie